Sara Christie- VA Lottery Super Teacher!

Monday, June 8, 2015

Welcome Ms. Schamus



My name is Laura Schamus, and I am thrilled to be joining the Creighton’s Corner family for the 2015-2016 school year. For the past 3 years, I taught fourth grade at Seldens Landing Elementary, and I look forward to bringing my experiences and enthusiasm to the fifth grade classroom. 
I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from Virginia Tech (Go Hokies!) and a Master of Science degree in Curriculum and Instruction from Radford University. I have always enjoyed working with children, and it is my passion in life to make a difference as an educator and mentor. I spent many years as a tennis coach for various summer programs in Loudoun County. I was also a student in LCPS (Go Bulldogs!) and appreciate the opportunity to give back to this wonderful community as a teacher.

Outside of school, I enjoy being active (especially golfing, playing tennis, and running). I love watching sports and attending sporting events, especially baseball, football, hockey, and tennis. I also enjoy reading, cooking, traveling, driving in my RAV4, tending to my brand new vegetable and herb garden, and of course spending as much time as possible with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment