Sara Christie- VA Lottery Super Teacher!

Monday, June 8, 2015

Welcome Ms. Merriman



My name is Tyne Merriman. I would like to mention that I am beyond grateful to be entering into an elementary school of such talented, friendly, and welcoming group of teachers and staff! This will be a year of many firsts for me, as I am sure it will be for you too! As my first year at CCE and my first year teaching, I know it will be a great one! I am especially excited that I will be teaching first grade. It was my favorite grade to be in growing up, as well as my favorite grade to teach.

To share a little about myself, I just moved to Virginia to pursue my dream of teaching. I grew up in a town outside of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania called New Brighton. I have two older brothers and three step-siblings. I graduated from Slippery Rock University with a Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood and Elementary Education with a minor in Special Education. I have had the privilege of teaching preschool in Mexico and studying special education in Costa Rica. My teaching experiences include preschool, pre-k, first, second, and third grade. I love traveling and hope to someday visit Australia, as well as many other parts of the world. I enjoy going camping, being outdoors, going to the beach, doing crafts, cooking, and spending time with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment