Sara Christie- VA Lottery Super Teacher!

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Welcome Kim Nace, our new Librarian


Welcome Kim Nace, our New Librarian.





My name is Kim Nace, and I’m looking forward to being the new librarian at Creighton’s Corner Elementary School this upcoming school year! I grew up in Maryland and have lived here in Northern Virginia since 1994.  I currently live in Leesburg near the downtown area with my husband and furry friends, a cat and a black Labrador retriever and I love it!
 
I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology with an Early Childhood Education certification from the University of Maryland, Baltimore County.  While teaching here in Loudoun County, I completed my M.Ed. in Advanced Studies of Teaching and Learning with an endorsement in Library Science from George Mason University, 2003.  I have been working as a literacy facilitator for LCPS for the past 9 years and have very much enjoyed building relationships with teachers and supporting them in their classroom with implementing best practices and a literacy framework.  Prior to this position, I spent 13 years in the classroom and have taught all grades Pre-K through second. I am extremely passionate about literacy learning and love working with both students and teachers, so I look forward to working closely with the staff and community here at Creighton’s Corner.  Collaboration is a key component to student achievement, and I am here to offer my support in many ways.
 
In my spare time I enjoy reading, scrapbooking, spending as much time with my family and friends as possible, and traveling to the Outer Banks, NC every summer!  It is my dream and goal to one day soon, be certified with a therapy dog and work with students in the library, classroom and larger community to become better readers and to LOVE reading.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment