Sara Christie- VA Lottery Super Teacher!

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Welcome Lisa Shirley, our new 5th grade teacher



Hello! I am excited to start my first year teaching at Creighton’s Corner Elementary! I am from the ChristmasTree Capital of the World: Indiana, Pennsylvania. My third grade teacher, Mrs. Vinton, inspired me to become a teacher and I have made my dream a reality! 
I graduated from Indiana University of Pennsylvania with a Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education and Special Education. During the 2013 -2014 academic school year, I served as an AmeriCorps teacher at a rural school in Pennsylvania. I had the privilege to work with students and teachers in prekindergarten through sixth grade. After school, I tutored fifth and sixth grade students whostruggled in math.  

Creighton’s Corner is my new home and I am proud to be part of your school family. I’m enthusiastic to start the school year!


No comments:

Post a Comment